How to Become a Driver for RCS
To become a bus driver for Rockingham County Schools, you must meet the following requirements:
Be at least 18 years old
* The Bus Driver Training Class consists of three (3) days of classroom training and three (3) days of road training. These days are not consecutive.
Steps to Become a Bus Driver for Rockingham County Schools
We appreciate your interest in seeking employment with Rockingham County Schools. We are accepting applications on the state online website.
Please direct your attention to the following procedures when completing the application:
1. To access the online application, go to the state online website http://schooljobs.dpi.state.nc.us/ , once you reach the website,
you must register and create a new account. Follow the instructions and submit your application. Be sure to select Rockingham County as one of
your school choices so we may access your application. Submit the following information to the address above to complete your application.
2. All classified positions require high school graduation or completion of a General Education Degree (GED). A copy of the high school diploma or GED is required.
3. List at least three references, one of which must be from your present or last employer. References from relatives or personal friends are not acceptable.
4. If you do not have access to a computer, you may visit one of the following locations:
Human Resources Department, Rockingham County Schools
Public Libraries in Rockingham County
Employment Security Commission, Reidsville
Scheduled Training Classes
Time 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
Location: RCC - Tech Lab Building
Room - 105
January 22, 23, 24, 2013
Cut off date for registration December 14, 2013