Rockingham County Schools’ Vision:
Rockingham County Schools will empower all students to compete globally.
Rockingham County Schools’ Mission:
Rockingham County Schools will provide a safe and dynamic globally competitive environment in which all students can reach their highest potential.
Wentworth Elementary School:
Laying the Foundation for 21st Century Learning
through Academics and Technology
School Mission and Belief Statements
“Wentworth Elementary School: Laying the Foundation for 21st Century Learning through Academics and Technology”
Wentworth Elementary School, in partnership with home and community, will provide a safe and nurturing environment in which high quality learning opportunities are provided. All students will achieve their individual potential and will be prepared to become responsible citizens of the 21st century.
- Students must be provided with a safe, nurturing learning environment.
- The staff members of Wentworth Elementary are concerned with the welfare of all students.
- Students and staff should be respected as individuals and appreciated for their cultural diversity.
- Parent involvement is a critical link in student learning.
- We must hold high expectations for all students.
- All children can learn and when inspired will reach their full potential.
- It is our responsibility to develop independent learners who are equipped with skills needed for the 21st century.
- Technology is an integral tool for 21st century learners.
- Team planning and collaboration lead to student learning through quality instruction.
- Shared vision and goals lead to student achievement.