Return to Headlines
Your Input is Requested: 19/20 Traditional and Dillard Academy Calendar Survey
February 1, 2019
The Rockingham County Board of Education reviewed a draft option for a NEW 173 day traditional and Dillard Academy calendar for the 2019-20 school year at the Board of Education meeting work session on January 28, 2019. The draft calendar aligns with the state law (see “Calendar 101” in the Printable Resources section, below.) The RCS Calendar Committee has also reviewed the draft options for the 173 day calendars. Now we would like your input by providing any comments in the form, below. What is different?
- FIVE DAYS WILL BE BUILT IN THE CALENDAR FOR INCLEMENT WEATHER!
- IF A PLAN 1 OR PLAN 2 IS CALLED STUDENTS WILL NOT HAVE TO MAKE UP THE FIRST 5 DAYS (Teachers still must have 215 days in their work calendar)
- TEACHER ASSISTANTS ONLY REPORT ON REQUIRED WORKDAYS
- PLAN 3 DAYS WILL NOT COUNT AND WILL HAVE TO BE MADE UP - THE FIVE BUILT IN DAYS MAY ONLY BE USED FOR PLAN 1 OR PLAN 2 DAYS WHEN OPTIONAL TEACHER WORKDAYS ARE CALLED
- AFTER THE 5 DAYS, WE WILL HAVE TO MAKE UP ALL INCLEMENT WEATHER DAYS
The calendar will be reviewd at the next Board of Education Work Session held on February 25, 2019 (511 Harrington Highway, Eden, NC 27288).
The draft calendar will be posted for public comment until February 18, 2019 @ 5 pm.
The proposed 2019-20 calendar for Rockingham Early College High School has not yet been developed because it will align with Rockingham Community College’s calendar.
Calendar Resources (printable)
School Calendar 101 - (quick guide to help explain the complexity of the school calendar laws)
DRAFT Traditional Calendar 2019-2020 (173 days)
DRAFT Dillard Academy Calendar 2019-2020 (173 days)
To leave feedback complete the form, below.
Please read Calendar 101, above, before completing the calendar survey.
Please see resources above prior to providing your comments!
-------> Click here to complete the survey. <------